DZRH Logo
NBI to wrap up sex scandal plot probe in 3-5 days
NBI to wrap up sex scandal plot probe in 3-5 days
Nation
NBI to wrap up sex scandal plot probe in 3-5 days
by Jim Fernandez19 August 2026
Photo from the National Bureau of Investigation/FB

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said it aims to conclude the probe on the alleged sex scandal plot against Executive Secretary Ralph Recto within three to five more days.

In a Wednesday report by RH 15 Jecelle Ricafort, NBI Director Atty. Melvin Matibag said the bureau will file the recommended charges against the accused if it deems the investigation findings significant.

“Tatapusin namin ‘yung investigation report in the next few days, so we can file the necessary charges na kinakailangan, kung mayro’n man,” Matibag told reporters.

Atty. Orlando Mendiola, co-founder of the Rondain & Mendiola Law Firm, appeared before the NBI - National Capital Region (NCR) pursuant to a subpoena on Monday, alongside two junior associates.

The lawyers denied the allegations of an orchestrated smear campaign against Recto.

While Mendiola admitted that he and other lawyers had met with the arrested talent manager, identified only as “Ken,” and his four female starlets, he claimed they had merely conducted an interview at former Congressman Jacinto “Jing” Paras’ request.

Mendiola refuted alias “Ken’s” claim that he and the lawyers that accompanied him for the interview had introduced themselves as representatives for Batangas 1st District Rep. Leandro Leviste, allegedly the financier of the scheme.

The NBI previously summoned Mendiola, Atty. Ruy Rondain, and two other lawyers over claims that they produced the script and affidavit implicating Recto in the scandal.

Leviste and Paras have denied these allegations.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read