

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has launched an investigation into the spread of false information claiming that President Ferdinand 'Bongbong' Marcos Jr. is suffering from a serious illness.
According to a report by RH Jecelle Ricafort on Rapido Hataw Balita on Tuesday, April 7, NBI Director Melvin Matibag said the agency is treating the matter with urgency and is committed to holding accountable those responsible for disseminating the false reports.
Matibag said the bureau has already filed cases against individuals involved in spreading misinformation about the President’s health.
“Ang panawagan namin sa public, 'yung wala namang pupuntahan, 'yun sa mga fake news na inilalabas,” he said.
He added: “Kami were serious on that, hinahabol po namin ang mga nagkakalat ng maling balita. Kung maalala ninyo, meron na po tayong mga kinasuhan dyan sa pagkakalat ng maling balita tungkol sa kalusugan ng ating Pangulo. We are conducting the investigation already and if necessary, mga charges should be filed also.”
The NBI earlier filed a complaint against vlogger Jack Argota over his alleged dissemination of fabricated medical records of the President.
Matibag expressed belief that the issue may be part of a “political game” aimed at undermining President Marcos' position.
“Wala namang ibang magiging konklusyon kundi that is a part of the political game ng mga nagnanais na hindi maganda sa posisyon ng ating Pangulo,” he said.
Meanwhile, the Malacañang has assured the public that Marcos remains in good health.
The President was previously brought to St. Luke’s Medical Center in January due to diverticulitis, but officials clarified that his condition has since stabilized.
