DZRH Logo
Revilla surrenders to authorities after arrest warrant in flood control scandal
Revilla surrenders to authorities after arrest warrant in flood control scandal
Nation
Revilla surrenders to authorities after arrest warrant in flood control scandal
by Mary Antalan20 January 2026

Former Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. voluntarily surrendered to authorities on Monday following the issuance of a warrant of arrest against him by the Sandiganbayan in connection with the alleged anomalous flood control projects.

Revilla acknowledged through a video posted on his Facebook account that he had received information regarding the issuance of the arrest warrant.

“Nakakalungkot po, parang wala yatang due process. Pero ganoon pa man, haharapin ko ito nang walang takot at alam kong hindi ako pababayaan ng Diyos dahil wala po akong kasalanan dito,” Revilla said.

He also appealed for prayers for his family, saying the situation has been painful for them. “Hilingin ko lang… hihingi ako ng panalangin at patatagin ninyo rin po ang aking pamilya,” he added.

In a statement later on Monday, the Philippine National Police (PNP) confirmed that Revilla surrendered to authorities accompanied by his wife and children.

“Upon his arrival, the CIDG was immediately summoned to serve the warrant of arrest issued against him. The warrant was duly implemented, and the former senator was formally informed of the nature of his arrest and his constitutional rights,” the PNP said.

The PNP added that Revilla is undergoing standard booking and documentation procedures, including a medical examination, in accordance with existing rules and protocols.

Earlier on Monday, the Sandiganbayan’s Third Division issued a warrant of arrest and a hold departure order against Revilla and several other individuals allegedly involved in the flood control scandal.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read