DZRH Logo
PBBM aware of impeachment complaints, will follow process: palace
PBBM aware of impeachment complaints, will follow process: palace
Nation
PBBM aware of impeachment complaints, will follow process: palace
by Mary Antalan29 January 2026
Photo Courtesy: PCO

President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. will adhere to the procedures regarding the two impeachment complaints filed in the House of Representatives, Malacañang said.

Following the release of a video by the Presidential Communications Office (PCO) updating the public on Marcos’ health, Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Claire Castro was asked by reporters whether there had been any discussion about the impeachment complaints. Castro said the President is aware of the process and will follow it.

“Natanong ko po siya kagabi, pero ang sabi lang po sa akin ng Pangulo, alam niya po ang proseso at susunod po siya rito,” Castro said during a press briefing at Malacañang.

She added that no legal team has yet been assigned to handle the complaints.

On Wednesday, the House Committee on Justice released a notice of meeting indicating that complainants had been informed the first hearing would take place on Feb. 2 at the People’s Center — the building in the Batasang Pambansa complex where quad committee hearings were previously held.

The first impeachment complaint was filed by lawyer Andre de Jesus on January 19, 2026. It accuses President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. of betrayal of public trust and culpable violation of the Constitution.

The second complaint was filed on January 26, 2026, by representatives from the Makabayan bloc and allied lawmakers, including ACT Teachers, Kabataan, and Gabriela. This complaint also alleges betrayal of public trust, specifically citing mismanagement and alleged corruption in the allocation of infrastructure projects using the so-called BBM Parametric Formula. It claims the system led to overpriced projects and possible kickback schemes.

Both complaints have been referred to the House Committee on Justice, which will review them to determine if they are sufficient in form and substance before any hearings take place.

Assurance on Leadership Stability

When asked about the stability of leadership amid reports on Marcos’ health and the impeachment complaints, Castro emphasized that the President continues to perform his duties despite his doctors’ advice to rest.

“Hindi po nagbabakasyon ang Pangulo. Kahit kailangan niyang mamahinga, nandoon pa rin po siya, nagbabasa ng mga briefer at briefs na dapat niyang malaman para siya po ay updated,” she said.

“Hindi po sanay ang mga kababayan natin na nakikita ang pangulo na nagrerelax, hindi tulad ng iba.”

She stressed that the President’s responsibilities continue regardless of circumstances and urged the public to trust in his leadership.

“Magtiwala po ang taumbayan para mas maganda po ang epekto nito sa ating ekonomiya,” she said.

Health Update

Earlier, Marcos addressed rumors about his health, confirming that he was diagnosed with diverticulitis, a common condition often associated with stress and age. He assured the public that he is recovering well and remains capable of fulfilling his duties.

On Wednesday evening, Castro visited the President and recorded a video to clarify reports following the circulation of an alleged medical test result. The video was released by the PCO.

Marcos said he is in stable condition and remains fit to perform his duties, despite his doctors’ recommendation to rest. He is taking prescribed antibiotics and medication to treat diverticulitis, an inflammation of small pouches in the colon.

“Okay na ako,” Marcos said.

“Thank you for your concern, but I got the best possible medical care. That’s why I’m already back in harness.”

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read