

Malacañang on Thursday said it will coordinate with the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to probe the circulation of an alleged medical test results of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., which Palace officials described as "fake and potentially part of a destabilization effort."
During an exclusive interview on DZRH's Dos Por Dos, Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Claire Castro said the supposed medical document spreading online is fabricated and should not be believed.
She stressed that authorities need to identify those behind its creation and dissemination, warning that falsifying information about the President’s health is a serious matter.
“Alam naman nating gawa-gawa iyan…’Yan ay fake, huwag kayong maniwala diyan. Makikipag-ugnayan na po kami sa NBI dahil hindi po biro ang gumawa ng ganitong klase ng pamemeke lalo at kalusugan ng Pangulo ang pinag-uusapan natin,” Castro said.
The circulating documents allegedly contain medical test results claiming that Marcos no longer has a left kidney. Addressing the issue, Castro said the President had previously explained that he donated a kidney to his late father, former President Ferdinand Marcos Sr.
“Wala akong kaalam-alam o personal knowledge pero nakita ko na ‘yung balita na ‘yan even before. At ang pangulo mismo, doon pa noon na sinabi niya na nagdonate siya sa kanyang ama,” she said, which was she announced before.
Castro also responded to allegations circulating online that President Marcos has been a long-term drug user, dismissing them as illogical given the claims about his health.
“Kaya nga magtataka ka kung gagamit man siya ng bawal na gamot, diba apektado isa na lang ‘yung kidney mo?” she said.
When asked whether both the original uploader and those who shared the post could be held legally liable, Castro said accountability should extend beyond the uploader, particularly to individuals who add speculative or misleading commentary.
“Ang sa akin kung sino ang nag-upload, kung sino ang nagkomento na kahit hindi doktor nagkomento na para may kinalaman. Sa akin palagay dapat ‘yun makasuhan,” she said.
“Kung nagshare ka lang, you can be innocent, you just share it. Pero ‘yung nagkomento ka na para bang gisto mong magkagulo ‘yung taumabayn na ang Pangulo ay hindi na nagfafunction, ibang klase ‘yun parte ‘yung ng pag-stabilization,” Castro added.
She emphasized the need for a thorough investigation, urging the NBI to trace the origin of the document and identify those responsible for spreading what she described as disinformation meant to confuse the public.
“Sa akin po, kailangan makita ito ng NBI, kailangan maaral kung saan nanggaling ito. At aralin kung sino ang nagpakalat at nagpapagulo ng isip ng taumbayan,” she said.
Meanwhile, St. Luke’s Medical Center (SLMC), which was named in the supposed medical records, has denied the authenticity of the circulating online documents allegedly containing medical test results of President Marcos Jr., describing them as "fake and falsified."
