DZRH Logo
'Mahal ka namin': Bong Revilla supporters flock in front of Sandiganbayan
'Mahal ka namin': Bong Revilla supporters flock in front of Sandiganbayan
Nation
'Mahal ka namin': Bong Revilla supporters flock in front of Sandiganbayan
by Luwela Amor20 January 2026
Photo courtesy: Val Gonzales/DZRH File

"Ang mga Caviteno ay hindi naniniwala na nagkaroon ng kasalanan sa taumbayan si [dating] Senador Bong Revilla,” says Revilla supporter.

Supporters of former Senator Bong Revilla Jr. from various towns in Cavite gathered in front of the Sandiganbayan in Quezon City on Tuesday, January 20, in response to a warrant of arrest issued against him over alleged involvement in a flood control scam.

As of 8:30 a.m, at least 50 of Revilla’s supporters staged the protest, with the number expected to grow to as many as 1,000 carrying banners expressing solidarity and support for the former senator.

“Narito kami ngayon upang suportahan ang aming mahal na senador Bong Revilla, siya po ay napakaraming naitulong sa amin mula sa pinansyal, hospitalization, burial, sa mga kalamidad hindi niya kami pinapabayaan kaya mahal na mahal namin siya. Kaya kami po sumusuporta sa kanya hindi namin siya pababayaan. Lagi po kami nakasuporta sa kanila, mahal na mahal namin sila,” said Annabelle Baay, a Revilla supporter.

They believe that the former senator has no involvement in the anomalies related to the flood control project.

Another supporter added, “Ang dahilan kung bakit kami nandito [sa Sandiganbayan] ay ang mga Caviteno ay hindi naniniwala na nagkaroon ng kasalanan sa taumbayan si [dating] Senador Bong Revilla.”

Revilla is currently at the Sandiganbayan following his voluntary surrender to the Philippine National Police (PNP)-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG).

He arrived at the court for the processing of the return of the warrant, accompanied by his wife, Cavite 2nd District Representative Lani Mercado, his son Cavite 1st District Representative Jolo, and other relatives.

Earlier on Monday, the Sandiganbayan’s Third Division issued a warrant of arrest and a hold departure order against Revilla and several other individuals allegedly involved in the flood control mess.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read