

Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla on Thursday said the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) would “follow the lead“ of the Department of Justice (DOJ) regarding the implementation of the arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa.
According to “Rapido Hataw Balita“ report by RH Edniel Parrosa, Remulla said the entire police force is prepared to carry out the arrest after Justice Secretary Fredderick Vida confirmed that law enforcement agencies, including the PNP and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), may enforce the ICC warrant.
“We will follow the lead of the SoJ,” Remulla told reporters.
The Interior chief also stressed that not only a 10,000-man task force had been placed on alert, but the entire 225,000-strong PNP organization.
“225,000,” Remulla said when asked how many personnel could be involved in the operation against dela Rosa.
“That’s the entire PNP,” he noted.
The statement came after the DOJ directed concerned agencies to implement the ICC warrant and ordered the arrest of the senator.
Earlier, PNP spokesperson Brig. Gen. Randulf Tuaño assured the public that authorities have sufficient personnel to arrest dela Rosa and other personalities facing similar warrants.
The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) is expected to lead the operation.
Meanwhile, PNP chief Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. has also instructed the Maritime Group, Aviation Security Group, and the Southern Task Force to monitor the country’s exit points.
CIDG Director Maj. Gen. Robert Alexander Morico II previously said authorities already have an “idea” of where the SUV carrying dela Rosa headed after leaving the Senate on the morning of May 14.
However, Morico declined to provide further details.
The PNP and Remulla earlier said that Senators Robin Padilla and dela Rosa were seen leaving the Senate complex aboard a vehicle several hours after the shooting incident.
