DZRH Logo
Zaldy Co’s staff deny ex-aide’s testimony on kickback deliveries
Zaldy Co’s staff deny ex-aide’s testimony on kickback deliveries
Nation
Zaldy Co’s staff deny ex-aide’s testimony on kickback deliveries
by Mika Jenymae Rasing29 September 2025
Photo from Rep. Zaldy Co/FB.

Two of Ako Bicol Partylist Rep. Zaldy Co’s staff have denied former security aide Orly Guteza’s testimony on kickback deliveries received by Co and former House Speaker and Leyte Rep. Martin Romualdez.

In separate sworn affidavits, Co’s assistants, Mark Bunagan and Allan Colesio, refuted Guteza’s claim that cash was delivered in suitcases to the two lawmakers’ houses.

According to RH Milky Rigonan’s report on Friday, September 26, Bunagan said the claims were untrue, adding that he was not assigned as a security consultant for Co in December 2024. In truth, he was working alongside Guteza as a personal assistant for Co’s relatives from February 2025 until August 2025. Moreover, Bunagan said that Guteza eventually stopped reporting to work on the said date.

Colesio also affirmed Bunagan’s statement.

Contrary to Guteza’s statement, the two emphasized that there was never a time when they transported suitcases filled with money, nor were they asked to deliver them to the 56th floor of the Horizon Residences in Taguig City, located at 42 McKinley St. in Forbes Park.

In addition, Bunagan and Colesio clarified that they were not forced or paid to submit a sworn statement. The two expressed willingness to testify before the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee and the court to strengthen their statements further.

During the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee hearing last week, Guteza alleged that he was assigned to carry and deliver suitcases containing a large sum of money totalling ₱48 million each. The said amount was delivered to Romualdez and Co’s residence, adding that it was then labeled as “basura.”

The said kickbacks that the two lawmakers received were from government projects related to the flood control scandal.

Romualdez responded to the claims in an official statement, saying that Guteza’s statement was an “outright and complete fabrication” and a desperate attempt to link him to the supposed kickbacks.

Co also denied the claims, stating it was a politically charged statement linking him to the same issue.

“I am intent on belaying the false claims made against me before your forum. Yet I am very much apprehensive of what awaits me should I return,” Co said.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read