DZRH Logo
VP Sara Duterte denies destabilization claims, calls Marcos administration ‘insecure’
VP Sara Duterte denies destabilization claims, calls Marcos administration ‘insecure’
Nation
VP Sara Duterte denies destabilization claims, calls Marcos administration ‘insecure’
by Angelica Matabang14 October 2025
Photo Courtesy: Inday Sara Duterte/Facebook

Vice President Sara Duterte dismissed allegations of any actual destabilization efforts against the government, saying the term is being used by the administration itself out of "insecurity" over growing public dissent.

In the press conference held on Tuesday, October 14, VP Duterte stated that there is no concrete destabilization plot taking place. Rather, the series of protests is simply citizens exercising their right to express discontent.

“Ang pansin ko, yung destabilization na word, na salita, nanggagaling siya lagi sa administrasyon. Kasi nai-insecure sila at natatakot sila kasi lumalakas yung mga boses ng mga tao,” she emphasized.

Amidst her statement, she identified the Makabayan bloc as the primary group allegedly seeking to bring down the government. She claimed that the bloc’s ultimate goal is to seize power, “Makabayan, yes! Number one. ‘Yan talaga ang vision ng Makabayan, pabagsakin ang gobyerno kasi gusto nilang mag-take over,” she said, “So kung meron man grupo na nagme-meeting para pabagsakin ang administrasyon, ang gobyerno, Makabayan ‘yon.”

Advertisement

It may be recalled that the Makabayan bloc previously expressed support for the Commission on Elections’ (COMELEC) decision to disqualify the Duterte Youth Partylist from the 2025 midterm elections and the partylist system, asserting that the group misrepresents the youth sector and merely serves to bolster the Duterte family's political machinery. The bloc also claimed that Duterte Youth has been used as a platform for red-tagging and attacking progressive youth organizations.

Meanwhile, VP Duterte clarified that there are no meetings or organized efforts to oust or cause disruption within the government. According to her, individuals and groups expressing anger or frustration are simply voicing their sentiments over current events, and not engaging in any destabilization or malicious plots.

She emphasized that there have been no calls to remove the president or undermine the administration and said, “Nagsasalita lang ‘yan, lahat ng mga tao, ng kanilang..nagsasabi lang sila sa galit nila–tayo pala, kasama na ako do’n ma’am. Nagsasabi lang kami, tayo, sa galit natin.”

Moreover, several reports highlight the ongoing rift between the Marcos and Duterte camps, with both sides trading barbs. Most recently, the Palace spokesperson took a swipe at VP Duterte over her remarks on the Ombudsman appointment, pointedly stating, “Nagkataon po na hindi siya ang presidente.”

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read