DZRH Logo
VP Sara apologizes for backing PBBM's presidential bid in 2022
VP Sara apologizes for backing PBBM's presidential bid in 2022
Nation
VP Sara apologizes for backing PBBM's presidential bid in 2022
by Luwela Amor18 February 2026
Photo courtesy: Partido Federal ng Pilipinas - PFP/Facebook

Vice President Sara Duterte publicly apologized on Wednesday for helping elect President Ferdinand 'Bongbong' Marcos Jr. in the 2022 national elections, acknowledging what she described as shortcomings in public service and governance under the current administration.

During a press briefing held in Mandaluyong City, the Vice President addressed the nation and expressed regret over her role in supporting the President’s candidacy.

“Mga kababayan, humihingi ako ng paumanhin. Patawad kong tinutulungan ko mahalal si BBM bilang Pangulo ng ating bansa. Patawad kung hanggang ngayon ay marami pa ng Pilipino ang nalulunod sa baha nang dahil sa malawakang korapsyon,” Duterte said.

“Patawad kung lantarang ang pang-aabuso ng ating mga institusyon para sa pansariling interes ng mga politiko. Patawad kung patuloy ang pagtaas ng presyo ng mga pangunahing bilihin habang nananatiling kapos ang kita ng bawat pamilya,” she added.

Duterte revealed that as early as the first few months of their term, she had allegedly observed what she described as Marcos’s lack of commitment to his campaign promises and sworn duties.

“Sa unang mga buwan ng aming mga termino nakita ko na ang kawalan ng katapatan ni Bongbong Marcos, Jr. sa mga pangakong binitawan noong kampanya. Pati na sa kaniyang sinumpaang tungkulin para sa bayan,” she said.

She explained that her decision to leave the Cabinet stemmed from her opposition to what she called a corruption-ridden 2025 national budget.

“Dahil hindi ko kinaya na maging bahagi ng 2025 national budget na tadtad ng katiwalian, pinili kong umalis sa gabinete kahit alam ko na mula pa noong 2023 na ang magiging kapalit ay ang aking impeachment,” Duterte stated.

The Vice President continued to issue a series of apologies, citing concerns over food security, healthcare services, and the alleged inefficiencies in governance.

“Patawad kung wala man lang tayong tunay na seguridad sa pagkain. Patawad kung nagkakasakit at binabawian bigla ng buhay dahil sa kakulangan ng maayos at epektibong health care system,” she concluded.

In the same press conference, Duterte formally announced her candidacy for President in the 2028 national elections.

Duterte and Marcos Jr. previously ran under the UniTeam alliance during the 2022 national elections, where they both secured national posts in a landslide victory.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read