DZRH Logo
Validation of ex-Marines' cash delivery claims begins – Lacson
Validation of ex-Marines' cash delivery claims begins – Lacson
Nation
Validation of ex-Marines' cash delivery claims begins – Lacson
by Luwela Amor26 February 2026
Photo courtesy: Jay Sonza

The validation process has begun on allegations made by 18 individuals who identified themselves as members of the Philippine Marines, claiming to have delivered cash allegedly over ₱805 billion to several high-ranking government officials, including President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr.

The supposed operation, they alleged was carried out under the orders of former Ako Bicol Partylist Representative Zaldy Co.

According to a report by RH Raymund Dadpaas on DZRH's Damdaming Bayan, Senate Blue Ribbon Committee Chairman and Senate Pro Tempore Panfilo “Ping” Lacson emphasized the importance of verifying the claims.

“We will evaluate first the source of information, which in this case are the 18 alleged Marine personnel who appeared at a press conference last Tuesday. Second is the reliability or credibility of the information itself, meaning the content of their affidavit,” Lacson said.

Lacson confirmed that he has already written to the Philippine Navy and Philippine Army to conduct background checks on the 18 individuals.

Preliminary information indicates that some of the 18 individuals were never actually serving Marines, while others had been 'dishonorably' discharged. The Philippine Navy confirmed on Tuesday that four of them had never been in the military, and several of the remaining individuals had been dishonorably discharged.

On Wednesday night, Senate Resolution 317 was formally referred to the Blue Ribbon Committee.

The resolution, filed by Senator Imee Marcos, seeks an inquiry in aid of legislation into the alleged money delivery scheme involving former military personnel.

The document cited the press conference on February 24, where the 18 supposed former Marines claimed to have delivered billions of pesos in cash to the homes of officials, including Marcos and former House Speaker Martin Romualdez.

Lacson also questioned the plausibility of the alleged cash deliveries. He pointed out that the reported ₱805 billion exceeds the budget for flood control from 2023 to 2025, which totals ₱1.13 trillion.

“The numbers just don’t add up,” Lacson said, noting that other claims of cash deliveries were also made by former DPWH Undersecretary Roberto Bernardo and ex-Bulacan DPWH District Engineer Henry Alcantara.

Meanwhile, lawyer Levito Baligod, who represented the alleged ex-Marines, also claimed that Co and former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV funded hotel accommodations and other expenses for International Criminal Court (ICC) investigators while they were in the Philippines.

“Ang pino-project doon, napaka-corrupt ng ICC. Nilagyan ng $2M allegedly through former Sen. Trillanes,” Lacson said.

Describing the claims as potentially politically motivated, Lacson suggested they could be an attempt to “destabilize the administration.“

“Sa akin, mukhang hindi lang may political color, kundi may destabilization aspect pa,” he added.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read