DZRH Logo
UP Baguio declares ‘all-clear’ after bomb threat, resumes normal operations
UP Baguio declares ‘all-clear’ after bomb threat, resumes normal operations
Province
UP Baguio declares ‘all-clear’ after bomb threat, resumes normal operations
by Elijah Gaven Mitra12 March 2026
Photo from UP Baguio

Operations at the University of the Philippines (UP) Baguio have returned to normal after authorities declared an “all-clear” following a bomb threat that prompted the evacuation of the campus earlier this week.

In an advisory issued by Joel M. Addawe, the university said the threat was received through emails sent to a student organization and several faculty members on March 11, warning of a supposed attempt to bomb the campus.

University officials immediately evacuated the area and sought assistance from the Baguio City Police Office and the Philippine National Police Explosive Ordnance Disposal and K9 unit to verify the threat. Authorities secured the campus perimeter while bomb disposal teams conducted a thorough sweep and inspection of the university grounds.

The search later confirmed that the threat was false. At around 2:00 p.m., the PNP EOD/K9 unit declared an all-clear, stating that campus buildings and facilities were safe for occupancy.

Advertisement

Following the incident, university officials held a meeting with law enforcement authorities to review protocols and discuss further actions. The university said that despite the false alarm, such reports are treated as legitimate threats and are handled according to strict security procedures.

UP Baguio also warned that individuals responsible for making false bomb threats could face possible criminal prosecution. Classes and university services have since resumed, while students affected by the disruption were advised to seek assistance from the guidance and health services offices if needed.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read