

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Two of Haiti's top leaders said on Friday they planned to proceed with a plan to remove Prime Minister Alix Didier Fils-Aime, though the timeline remained unclear, despite U.S. warnings against doing so in the last days of their mandate.
Speaking at a press conference, transitional presidential council member Edgar Leblanc Fils said the measure had been approved by a majority of the top executive body and would proceed through the following legal steps.
Speaking alongside him, fellow member Leslie Voltaire said there would be a "pause" for political groups to find an acceptable solution beyond the end of the government's mandate on February 7, by when the U.S. has said they must step down.
(Reporting by Harold Isaac and Sarah Morland, Editing by Natalia Siniawski)
