DZRH Logo
Trillanes files raps vs Baligod, 18 ex-Marines, Defensor, others over ICC bribery claims
Trillanes files raps vs Baligod, 18 ex-Marines, Defensor, others over ICC bribery claims
Nation
Trillanes files raps vs Baligod, 18 ex-Marines, Defensor, others over ICC bribery claims
by Luwela Amor05 March 2026
Photo courtesy: Antonio "Sonny' Trillanes IV/Facebook

Former senator Antonio "Sonny' Trillanes IV on Thursday filed perjury complaints before the Department of Justice (DOJ) against lawyer Levi Baligod and the 18 supposed former members of the Philippine Marine Corps, who accused him of involvement in an alleged bribery scheme linked to investigators of the International Criminal Court (ICC).

Aside from Baligod and the 18 alleged former Marines, Trillanes also filed cyberlibel complaints against former congressman Mike Defensor, former broadcaster Jay Sonza, former National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC) spokesperson Lorraine Badoy, and vlogger Cathy Binag, whom he accused of helping circulate the claims online.

The former senator denied the accusations and described them as fabricated.

“Ang kanilang gawa-gawang "bribery scheme" ay isang desperadong paraan para dungisan ang mga pagdinig sa ICC at takutin ang mga investigators at witnesses nito. Pananagotin natin sila dahil dito,” Trillanes said in a Facebook post.

“Kasama sila doon sa nag-circulate nitong mga kasinungalingan na ito. Talagang ito ay conspiracy. Hindi ito random na pangyayari; pinagplanuhan nila,” Trillanes told reporters when asked why he filed cyberlibel complaints against several individuals.

Trillanes said the complaints stem from allegations made by the 18 supposed former Marines claiming that he facilitated the entry of at least five ICC investigators into the country and received $2 million from Ako Bicol Party-list Rep. Zaldy Co in connection with the ICC’s investigation into former president Rodrigo Duterte.

Trillanes acknowledged that he had been coordinating with the ICC since 2017 to assist in gathering evidence and witnesses related to the investigation.

“Hindi ko kinakaila na since 2017 nakikipag-ugnayan ako sa ICC pagkalap ng ebidensya, testigo, at lahat ng kailangang gawin para palakasin ‘yung kaso laban kay Duterte,” he said.

However, he stressed that his coordination with the international tribunal was not illegal.

“Wala akong ginawang krimen, wala akong ginawang illegal,” Trillanes added.

He also questioned the timing of the allegations, noting that claims about the alleged “maleta” or suitcase filled with cash had not surfaced previously.

“Ni-ugong, tsismis walang lumalabas ukol sa mga male-maletang pera tungkol sa ICC. Tapos ngayon, sa kasagsagan ng confirmation of charges, biglang meron nang ganyan. Very malicious,” he said.

Trillanes said the accusations were meant to divert attention from the allegations against Duterte in the ICC.

“Si Duterte kaya siya nasa The Hague dahil inabuso niya ang kanyang kapangyarihan. Hinalal siya bilang presidente ng Pilipinas para pangalagaan ang bawat Pilipino pero anong ginawa niya, pinagpapatay niya ‘yung mga kababayan natin,” he said.

He added that among the 18 alleged former Marines, only one had served with him in the past, but had turned against the government during the administration of former president Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

The complaints were filed on Thursday at the DOJ for preliminary investigation.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read