Three fishermen earlier reported missing were found alive and rescued in the waters off Occidental Mindoro on Saturday, February 14, 2026, according to the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG).
The fishermen were on board the fishing vessel FB MJ2, which left Lian, Batangas on February 8 for a fishing expedition in the waters off Ambil and Lubang Islands. They were reported missing on February 9 after the vessel failed to return.
The PCG said the fishing vessel FBCA Carmen 4 reported sighting the distressed FB MJ2 at around 12:10 p.m. on Saturday, approximately 102 nautical miles off Cabra Island in Lubang, Occidental Mindoro.
Authorities said the fishing vessel suffered engine failure and had been drifting at sea for several days.
Three fishermen were safely transferred to FBCA Carmen 4, although one of them was in a weakened physical condition and required immediate medical attention. A fourth fisherman was confirmed dead.
The rescued fishermen were later transferred to the PCG vessel BRP Cape San Agustin and are being transported to Port Area, Manila.
Following the report that the vessel failed to return, the PCG launched air and sea search and rescue operations through the Coast Guard District Southern Tagalog, in close coordination with government agencies, local government units, and coastal communities.
PCG spokesperson Captain Noemie Cayabyab commended the crew of FBCA Carmen 4 for their vigilance and timely assistance, saying their actions played a key role in the successful rescue.
“This incident affirms that maritime safety is a shared responsibility,” Cayabyab said.


