DZRH Logo
The Boyz seeks contract termination with ONE HUNDRED over unpaid settlements; agency responds
The Boyz seeks contract termination with ONE HUNDRED over unpaid settlements; agency responds
Entertainment
The Boyz seeks contract termination with ONE HUNDRED over unpaid settlements; agency responds
by Luwela Amor20 March 2026
Photo courtesy: The Boyz/Facebook

K-pop group The Boyz have reportedly notified their agency, ONE HUNDRED Entertainment, of their intention to terminate their exclusive contracts, citing unpaid settlements, the K-Pop boy band’s legal representative said Thursday, March 19.

Meanwhile, all members except New have expressed their desire to maintain their contract with the company, according to an official statement from the group’s lawyer.

The members seeking contract termination are Sangyeon, Jacob, Younghoon, Hyunjae, Juyeon, Kevin, Q, Sunwoo, and Eric. Despite the dispute, the group plans to proceed with their upcoming concert in April.

According to reports by The Fact, the nine members sent a formal notice to ONE HUNDRED in February, citing material breaches of contract and an irreparable deterioration of trust between the artists and the agency.

“The agency has failed to pay the artists proper settlement fees for all activities since July 2025, following the settlement payment for the second quarter of 2025,” the members’ notice read.

“Furthermore, despite repeated requests to review basic documents, such as contracts, to verify the transparency of settlements, the agency refused without justifiable cause, thereby failing to fulfill the basic and essential obligations of a management company under an exclusive contract,” their lawyer, Kim Moon-hee, shared.

On March 19, The Fact confirmed that the certified letter was addressed to ONE HUNDRED CEO Cha Ga Won, formally notifying the company of the members’ intent to terminate their contracts.

In response, ONE HUNDRED released a statement refuting claims of unpaid settlements. The label maintained that they have been fulfilling their contractual obligations and have “paid substantial exclusive contract fees” to each member.

The agency also cited “various controversies” involving some members last year, which reportedly hindered normal group activities. One former member, Ju Haknyeon, was dismissed from the group following a social media rumor.

“Our company signed contracts with all 11 members of THE BOYZ and paid substantial exclusive contract fees to each member on the premise that they would fulfill their contract period as one team. However, due to various controversies involving the members last year, this premise was broken. This even led to one member leaving the team, making normal group activities difficult,” ONE HUNDRED said.

“In light of this, the request from THE BOYZ members to terminate their exclusive contracts, ignoring these circumstances, cannot be accepted.”

Share
Related Topics
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read