

The suspect in the fatal shooting of two security guards inside a car dealership in Fairview, Quezon City on December 24 has been arrested, the Quezon City Police District (QCPD) confirmed on Thursday, December 25.
According to a report by Edniel Parrosa, the incident happened at around 2:10 p.m. on December 24 at the dealership in Barangay North Fairview, where the victims were on duty. CCTV footage showed the suspect,firing at close range while the two victims were asleep.
Police identified the suspect as 24‑year‑old Charren Caboverde. He was arrested in Tondo after fleeing the scene by taxi following the shooting.
During interrogation, Caboverde reportedly admitted to the killings and told authorities he was driven by resentment toward the victims, whom he accused of bullying him at work. Investigators said he had previously approached another employee, urging him to join in killing the two guards, and had mentioned his intent to kill someone before the incident.
The QCPD is completing its investigation, gathering CCTV footage and witness accounts to document the full circumstances of the crime. Caboverde is currently detained and will face murder charges.
The police extended condolences to the families of the victims and reiterated that justice will be pursued as the case moves forward.
