DZRH Logo
Star Magic refutes fake quote about helping attributed to Kathryn Bernardo
Star Magic refutes fake quote about helping attributed to Kathryn Bernardo
Entertainment
Star Magic refutes fake quote about helping attributed to Kathryn Bernardo
by Luwela Amor12 November 2025
Photo courtesy: Kathryn Bernardo/IG

ABS-CBN’s talent management arm, Star Magic, has released official statements to refute false information circulating online regarding a fabricated quote attributed to the acclaimed actress Kathryn Bernardo.

The fake post, which spread across social media platforms earlier this week, falsely claimed that Bernardo said, “Hindi kailangan ng camera para tumulong." The post alleged that the actress was making a statement about sincerity in giving aid and against using charitable acts for publicity.

In a statement released on Thursday, November 11, Star Magic clarified that the quote did not come from Kathryn.

“Star Magic would like to inform the public that our artist Kathryn Bernardo did not make the remark that is circulating on social media. We ask everyone not to share the fake post and verify information before sharing,” the agency said on Instagram.

The post in question originated from a Facebook page named “ShowBuzz," which later edited its caption to attribute the quote to a “netizen” rather than Bernardo. Despite the edit, the original version had already gained traction online, thousands of reactions and comments.

Min Bernardo, the actress’s mother, also took to Instagram to address the issue and call out those spreading misinformation about her daughter.

“Please stop using my daughter’s name or image on your platform, especially if the stories you share are not true/splice[d],” she wrote. “Ang isang kwento pag dinagdagan o binawasan ng kahit isang salita, naiiba ang kahulugan, at nagiging fake news. Don’t twist the story, para lang dumami ang viewers nyo. It’s unfair," she said.

Min further expressed her frustration over the repeated misrepresentation of her daughter online, noting that their family has chosen to remain silent in the past despite the “twisting” of stories.

“We’ve endured in silence for so long because of dagdag bawas at pag-twist ng kwento but silence [doesn't mean] we agree with what is being said. Remember, as a mother, there’s a limit to how much pain and silence one can bear,” she added.

Kathryn Bernardo also reshared her agency’s post on her Instagram Stories.

Star Magic urged the public to verify facts before sharing posts online.

“We ask everyone not to share the fake post and verify information before sharing,” the agency reiterated.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read