DZRH Logo
South Korean actor Lee Sang-bo passes away
South Korean actor Lee Sang-bo passes away
Entertainment
South Korean actor Lee Sang-bo passes away
by Mika Jenymae Rasing28 March 2026
Photo courtesy of Korea Management Group (KMG)

South Korean actor Lee Sang-bo passed away at 44 years old, his agency, Korea Management Group (KMG), confirmed.

According to South Korean media outlets, the actor was found dead at his home in Pyeongtaek at approximately 12:40 PM (KST) earlier this week.

KMG released a statement on Friday, March 27, asking for privacy on the details surrounding their talent’s passing.

“We ask for your understanding in not being able to reveal the cause of death due to the request of his family,” KMG wrote in a statement, translated by Soompi.

The agency said that Sang-bo’s wake will be held at Room 3 of the Pyeongtaek Central Funeral Home, but emphasized that they “respectfully decline coverage and visiting for the protection of his family and request for cooperation.”

Media reports said that authorities believe there are no signs of foul play, and are currently investigating the specifics circumsrtances surrounding his death.

In September 2022, Sang-bo was accused of drug use after a resident from Gangnam, Seoul, called the police. Soon after, he was arrested by authorities. However, this allegation was later revealed to be a misunderstanding, stating that he was taking medication for depression and anxiety, leading to a no-charge disposition.

It was also reported that a hospital test showed a “negative” reaction for drugs.

The 44-year-old actor debuted in 2006 with the drama “Invisible Man Choi Jang Soo.” He is also known for his roles in “Secretly Greatly,” “Rugal,” and “Miss Monte-Cristo.”

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read