

Senate President Vicente "Tito" Sotto III on Saturday said that he will not allow any senator to be arrested within the Senate, following reports that International Criminal Court (ICC) has released a warrant of arrest against Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa.
“I am not [privy] to the warrant being issued. But as i have said in the past and in consultation with some members of the Senate, to preserve the dignity of the Senate, and as a matter of institutional courtesy, we cannot allow any senator to be arrested in the Senate premises,” Sotto said.
“Outside the Senate premises, that’s no longer our concern," he added.
This comes after Ombudsman Jesus “Boying” Remulla remarks on dzRH's Executive Session that the ICC has issued a warrant of arrest against Dela Rosa.
Dela Rosa had previously said he is not afraid to face the ICC but had considered staying within the Senate to avoid possible arrest.
The ICC’s scrutiny of Dela Rosa arises from allegations linking him to extrajudicial killings (EJKs) and other human rights violations during former President Rodrigo Duterte’s controversial war on drugs.
