DZRH Logo
Skyway Stage 3 completion eyed by 2027 — Dizon
Skyway Stage 3 completion eyed by 2027 — Dizon
Nation
Skyway Stage 3 completion eyed by 2027 — Dizon
by Luwela Amor11 March 2026
Boy Gonzales

Construction of the long-delayed Skyway Stage 3 Section 2A is now underway after years of setbacks caused by right-of-way issues, with the project expected to be completed as early as the first quarter of 2027, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) said Wednesday.

DPWH Secretary Vince Dizon said the stalled interconnection segment of the Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 is now progressing after the government resolved key right-of-way concerns that had held back the project for six years.

"We are at 98 percent. [President Marcos] says, hurry up. Finally, we were able to expedite the right-of-way acquisition since early last year. And now, it's here, we're full blast," he said.

"The commitment to us by San Miguel (Corporation) and Metro Pacific (Tollways Corporation) is by first or second quarter by the latest, middle of next year, it's done," he said.

Dizon joined Transportation Secretary Banoy Lopez and Toll Regulatory Board Executive Director Jay Art Tugade in inspecting the project site in Pandacan, Manila, on Wednesday, March 11.

“Nandito kami…para inspeksyon rin itong anim na taon nang nakatenggang ng NLEX-SLEX connector,” he said.

The official said the segment forms part of the critical connection between major expressways serving Metro Manila and nearby provinces.

Once completed, the section will link the Skyway system to the North Luzon Expressway-South Luzon Expressway (NLEX–SLEX) Connector, improving travel between the northern and southern parts of Metro Manila.

“Ito yung second connection from north to south,” Dizon said, noting that the route will allow motorists to travel from the SLEX in Laguna and Alabang through Metro Manila up to Balintawak and further north toward Pampanga.

According to Dizon, the project had remained idle for several years due to delays in acquiring the required right-of-way.

When the current administration reviewed the project early last year, the right-of-way acquisition rate stood at only about 60%.

He explained that the private sector partner, San Miguel Corp. (SMC), could not begin full construction work unless at least 80% of the right-of-way had been secured.

“Ang malaking problema pa rin nito, right of way. So nung inabutan namin ‘to early last year, parang nasa 60%. 60% pa lang. Ang problema natin doon kasi, syempre, ang private sector ang partner natin doon ang San Miguel. Hindi makakastart ang San Miguel hanggat at least 80% ng right of way acquisition,” Dizon said.

With the issue largely resolved, Dizon said construction has accelerated, and the government now expects the section to be finished by early 2027, while the entire interconnection segment could be completed by mid-2027.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read