

Vice President Sara Duterte on Wednesday said that the impeachment complaints filed against her are “not a priority“ of her office at the moment.
In an ambush interview in Taguig City, Duterte said her office has numerous responsibilities that require attention, as reported by RH Jecelle Ricafort.
“Marami akong ginagawa na trabaho,“ Duterte said when asked if she has been monitoring the deliberations of the House Committee on Justice regarding the impeachment complaints.
“Hindi ‘yan ‘yung prayoridad ngayon ng Office of the Vice President,” she added.
Duterte declined to comment on preparations by her legal team in response to the complaints.
Meanwhile, her legal counsel, Atty. Paolo Panelo Jr., said it is best to wait for the process in the House panel to unfold.
“It's best to ask Attorney [Michael Poa], but there's a procedure in the House Justice Committee na susundin, so antayin na lang natin na masunod yung proseso,” Panelo said.
Earlier Wednesday, Duterte filed a perjury compalint aginst Ramil Madriaga, who has claimed to be her former “bagman” at the Taguig City Prosecutor’s Office.
In December, Madriaga claimed in a five-page affidavit that he delivered large sums of money to Duterte’s election campaign, allegedly funded by drug dealers and Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGOs), between July 2022 and August 2023.
Duterte had previously denied Madriaga’s allegations and said she had “no personal relationship“ with Madriaga and added she had “never visited him in prison.“
