DZRH Logo
Russian vlogger Chekhov tests negative for HIV, faces deportation — BI
Russian vlogger Chekhov tests negative for HIV, faces deportation — BI
Nation
Russian vlogger Chekhov tests negative for HIV, faces deportation — BI
by Jim Fernandez23 January 2026
Photo of Nikita Chekhov from Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines/FB

Russian vlogger Nikita Chekhov, who was seized by authorities on Wednesday over “rage-bait” social media posts sparking fear, has tested negative for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the Bureau of Immigration (BI) said on Friday.

Chekhov was tested for HIV and other related illnesses on Thursday morning, and results came back negative—proving his threat to spread HIV were intended to incite fear and rack up social media engagement.

The foreigner now faces deportation, the agency declared.

“He now faces deportation charges for undesirability, as his social media posts caused fear and panic among the public,” BI Commissioner Joel Anthony Viado said.

Chekhov explained that his rage-bait posts were made in response to a number of negative comments from Filipino social media users.

“I’ve been making TikToks for Filipino audience too. I analyzed it and saw, that some Filipinos think of foreigners in a very stereotype way. I was getting many comments like ‘stop spreading your viruses, foreigner,” “passport bro,” “IBH,” “HIV alert!!” Just for being me,” he said.

He expressed no remorse for making the video, saying it was meant to be a meme.

“I was expecting it to become a meme. Because I was attracting attention in a similar way in Russian and USA audience. And it was taken as a meme there, not a problem… I do not feel sorry for making that video,” Chekhov said.

Meanwhile, the BI has also addressed recent social media posts by deported Russian vlogger Vitaly Zdorovetskiy, who complained about “inhumane” conditions inside the BI Warden Facility.

He complained that he and the other inmates were made to eat tuna and rice daily, that he had to use a dipper or “tabo” for bathing, and that pregnant women and children were also being detained in the facility.

“These videos are again rage-bait, using familiar tactics to generate views and online engagement,” Viado responded.

In addition, Viado said that an investigation was carried out regarding Zdorovetskiy’s access to a mobile phone.

“The incident occurred around June or July. We immediately conducted raids inside the facility, which resulted in the confiscation of gadgets that had been smuggled into the compound,” Viado said. “By November, personnel found to be remiss in their duties were identified and removed from their posts.”

Zdorovetskiy was arrested over harassment for social media content. He allegedly harassed security guards and stole an industrial fan from a Taguig City restaurant.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read