

The Quezon City Government announced that it has terminated four infrastructure projects linked to the Discaya group of companies, following the revocation of the firms’ licenses by the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board (PCAB) last month.
In a statement released on Tuesday, October 7, the city government said that of more than 1,300 infrastructure projects awarded since the start of the current administration in July 2019, only four projects—or about 0.3%—were given to entities associated with Discaya or its joint ventures.
The city government clarified that after PCAB Board Resolution No. 075, Series of 2025 was issued on September 1, 2025—which revoked the licenses of Discaya-linked companies and led to the cancellation of their PhilGEPS membership for violating licensing and procurement laws—the local government immediately launched a review of all ongoing projects.
The review identified four affected projects:
-
Proposed Construction of Six-Storey Multi-Purpose Building with Deck;
-
Proposed Construction of Reinforced Concrete Canal at Ermitaño Creek;
-
Proposed Construction of Housing 32-Balingasa High-Rise Housing (Phase 1A) at Barangay Balingasa; and
-
Proposed Construction of Housing 32-Balingasa High-Rise Housing (Phase 2) at Barangay Balingasa.
After completing the legal review and observing the required notice and termination periods, the city said all four projects were officially terminated as of September 19, 2025.
The Quezon City Government emphasized that all its procurement processes follow the principles of transparency and competitive bidding, with full publication and online posting of project details.
“The Quezon City Government has nothing to hide. We welcome all good-faith examinations by competent legal authorities of our projects and processes,” the statement read.
The local government also condemned what it described as “malicious insinuations” intended to divert public attention from the true perpetrators of corruption schemes that have affected both the city and the nation.
“We remain steadfast and unwavering in upholding the trust of our people, and we will continue to ensure that public funds are used solely for the benefit of our QCitizens,” it added.
