

A police colonel and 53 others were charged in connection with the viral hazing incident during the welcome rites in Lamitan City, Basilan.
The Philippine National Police (PNP) Spokesperson, PBGen. Randulf Tuaño confirmed the update during a press conference on Wednesday, February 11. RH Edniel Parrosa reported that Tuaño also mentioned that the highest-ranking official is among those suspected of planning it.
“Umakyat na sa 54 ang mga sinampahan ng kaso batay sa patuloy na imbestigasyon. Pinapakita nito ang lalim at lawak ng naging paglabag, at nais nating bigyang-diin na ang Philippine National Police ay malinaw na polisiya ng zero tolerance kaugnay sa nasabing…” Tuaño said.
While the 54 individuals face charges, the PNP Spokesperson said that they are also facing possible suspension while under investigation.
Earlier this week, Tuaño confirmed that the entire Regional Mobile Force Battalion-14B (RMFB-14B) had been placed under administrative relief after allegations of hazing against the new police recruits in Basilan came to light.
