DZRH Logo
PNP turns over 50 boxes of flood control project documents to ICI
PNP turns over 50 boxes of flood control project documents to ICI
Nation
PNP turns over 50 boxes of flood control project documents to ICI
by Jim Fernandez09 December 2025
Boxes of documents from the PNP. Photo from a video provided by RH 15 Jecelle Ricafort

The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Tuesday morning delivered some 50 boxes of documents connected to the flood control project scandal to the Independent Commission for Infrastructure’s (ICI) office in Taguig.

This is the third batch of evidence collected during field validation. Among the projects inspected were those awarded to Sunwest Corporation in Romblon, reported RH 15 Jecelle Ricafort.

Besides the turnover of documents, radio anchor Wilbert Ga urged the independent probe body to look into ₱2 billion worth of flood control projects in Surigao del Norte that are believed to be substandard if not unfinished.

In an ambush interview, Ga said he conducted an investigation into around 10 projects in the second district of the province. Among the structures under scrutiny are Anao-aon Bridge in San Francisco, Surigao del Norte and Poctoy-Bonifacio Bridge in Surigao City.

“Kami po sa distrito dos ng Surigao del Norte, ay may nakitang nakapagtataka at nag-iiwan ng katanungan na hindi masasagot ng malinaw bagkus ay nagbibigay lang ng haka-haka at nagiging fake news. Bakit matagal matapos ang mga proyekto? Mayroong abandoned, may unfinished, may sa tingin namin ay substandard at may ‘di malamang cost of projects at kung sino ang contractor,” Ga told the media.

The ICI will carry on until it fulfills its mandate or it is dismantled by President Ferdinand Marcos Jr., said its Executive Director Atty. Brian Hosaka last week.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read