

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has positioned tracker teams to apprehend officials linked to the Davao Occidental flood control project, including the Discaya controversial contractors.
Acting PNP Chief Lt. Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. said the police have deployed enough personnel to track down everyone named in the charge sheet.
“Right now, we are collating all the essential pieces of information on the areas where they may individually seek refuge to ensure a smooth and fast serving of the arrest warrant,” the acting PNP chief said in a statement on Sunday.
To ensure the arrest operations proceed efficiently, the PNP has intensified coordination with the National Bureau of Investigation, Bureau of Immigration, Philippine Coast Guard, airport authorities, local government units, barangays, and neighborhood watch groups.
“All of our preparations are intended to make them feel that the only option left to them is to surrender,” said in the PNP’s statement.
The Office of the Ombudsman had earlier recommended filing charges of malversation through falsification and violations of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act against Discaya and other project officials.
