

The Philippine National Police (PNP) said it will approach the “Trillion Peso March” rally scheduled on November 30 with maximum tolerance and would have zero tolerance for any form of violence or unlawful activity.
Following the two-day protest organized by the Iglesia Ni Cristo, PNP Chief PLtGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. said they are applying the lessons learnt from the previous demonstrations, adding that their personnel are ready and alert.
"We are ready for the Trillion Peso March. Our approach is clear—maximum tolerance for those peacefully exercising their rights, and zero tolerance for any form of violence or unlawful activity. We urge all participants to follow instructions from our personnel, respect fellow participants, and help us maintain a safe and orderly environment,” he said.
Meanwhile, in a separate press conference at Camp Crame, PNP Spokesperson PBGen. Randulf Tuaño confirmed that the PNP is still on “full alert” although the Iglesia Ni Cristo and the United People’s Initiative (UPI) cut their supposed three-day protest to two days.
He added that the PNP had already deployed 167 personnel from the Manila Police District (MPD) at Mendiola, as reported by RH Edniel Parrosa.
“Sa ngayon po ay inilalatag na din po ng directory for operations ‘yun pong magiging deployment natin kaugnay po sa magiging November 30 rally,” Tuaño said.
“Basta po malinaw sa ngayon ang initial na binigay sa atin na guidance ng ating Chief PNP, tayo po ay magpapatuloy na magpapa implement ng maximum tolerance pero zero tolerance to violence,” he added.
The PNP‘s operational readiness for the upcoming protest includes: pre-deployment of personnel, medical assistance teams, and close coordination with local government units, ensuring a swift response to any emergencies.
“We want everyone to enjoy their right to participate without fear. Our message is simple, cooperate with our security measures, avoid bringing prohibited items, and always prioritize safety,” Tuaño emphasized.
During the September 21 protest, tensions quickly rose after masked protesters threw smoke grenades and bottles filled with water at law enforcement
