DZRH Logo
PNP tasks commanders, personnel: Focus on ‘peace and order’ amid political noise
PNP tasks commanders, personnel: Focus on ‘peace and order’ amid political noise
Nation
PNP tasks commanders, personnel: Focus on ‘peace and order’ amid political noise
by Jim Fernandez19 May 2026
Photo from the PNP

The Philippine National Police (PNP) assured continued cooperation and institutional stability with the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), according to a Tuesday report by RH 52 Edniel Parrosa.

According to PNP Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr., law enforcement refuses to be shaken by Senate intrigues and political noise and will maintain peace and order as mandated.

This was also the chief’s directive to commanders and PNP personnel amid the issues circulating on social media.

Although Nartatez did not detail the political noise he spoke of, he said this included attempts to encourage the PNP to engage in partisan politics.

“These intrigues and political noises, including attempts to encourage any of our personnel to engage in partisan politics, are meant to distract us from performing our job well and sustaining our gains on peace and order,” he said on Tuesday morning.

Speaking to DZRH, PNP Chief Publicist PBGen. Randulf Tuaño confirmed that in attendance during the emergency meeting held yesterday were PNP Chief Nartatez, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) Director PMGen. Robert Morico II, and officials of the Forensic Group (FG) and Directorate for Intelligence (DI).

The meeting centered on a “situational briefing” and a case update regarding the Senate shooting incident on May 13.

Netizens on social media questioned Remulla’s and the PNP’s manner of carrying out the International Criminal Court (ICC) arrest warrant against Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa.

On Monday, DILG Secretary Jonvic Remulla gathered the high officials of the PNP at Camp Crame, amid the issues concerning the Senate.

Coinciding with the meeting, the DILG issued a separate statement on the subject of its implementation of the International Criminal Court (ICC) warrant against Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa.

The agency emphasized that it must wait for the Supreme Court’s ruling on the enforceability of the warrant. Additionally, it clarified that the Department of Justice (DOJ) had earlier said that there are no manhunt operations against the senator.

In spite of the emergency meeting, the police did not face the media, who were advised about the possible press conference with Remulla.

The PNP said they will be finishing several critical points of their investigation before releasing public statements.

In Malacañang, Palace Press Officer Usec. Claire Castro earlier said that the President wholly trusts Remulla despite the Senate case.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read