

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has relieved Negros Oriental Provincial Police Director PCOL Criscente C. Tiguelo from his post following a fatal shooting incident involving one of his personnel in the town of Sibulan that left three police officers and one civilian dead.
In a report by DZRH's Edniel Parrosa, the relief was announced at the PNP headquarters in Camp Crame by PBGEN Randulf T. Tuaño, together with Acting PNP Chief Lt. Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. Effective January 12, 2026, PCOL Tiguelo was replaced by PCOL Lito Patay, who has been designated as the new provincial police director.
PNP officials emphasized that the move was in line with the principle of command responsibility. Lt. Gen. Nartatez warned commanders on the ground that they would be held accountable for the actions and discipline of their personnel, stressing the need to strictly enforce rules, especially those related to conduct and gun control.
Based on initial reports, the incident occurred on Friday night when a police sergeant allegedly shot and killed a woman and three fellow police officers, including his own superior.
Authorities said the suspect and the victims had been drinking inside a police station before transferring to a nearby bar, where the shooting later occurred.
The suspect has since surrendered to authorities and is now under police custody. The PNP said he will face both administrative cases and multiple counts of murder in connection with the incident.
An investigation is ongoing to determine the full circumstances surrounding the shooting, including possible lapses in supervision and protocol. The PNP assured the public that accountability will be pursued at all levels as part of efforts to maintain discipline within the police force.
