

The Philippine National Police (PNP) will deploy nearly 60,000 personnel nationwide to secure public areas during the Holy Week and the summer travel season from March to May 2026.
In a press conference on Monday, Tourist and Safety Protection Section Chief Police Capt. Amie Tiu said authorities are preparing for potential risks, including a possible increase in crime linked to economic pressures such as a looming oil crisis.
“We already have…operational readiness, within comes the escalations of the crisis in our country, and even though wala pa pong fuel crisis. The PNP deployment is already maximized in order to prevent any creation or commission of crime of criminal individuals,” Tiu said.
The PNP said a total of 59,416 personnel will be mobilized as part of its annual “Ligtas Semana Santa 2026” operations.
Of the total number, 39,540 are PNP personnel, 5,185 are augmentation forces, and 14,691 will come from partner advocacy groups.
Police presence will be concentrated in key areas expected to draw large crowds, including places of worship with 17,672 personnel; 12,016 in major thoroughfares, and transportation hubs and terminals with 11,550. Meanwhile, commercial areas will have 9,236 and the other 8,942 are assigned in places of convergence.
Despite the heightened alert, the PNP clarified that no specific threats have been monitored so far, including the churches, which traditionally see a surge in visitors during Holy Week.
The police also noted that tourist arrivals may decline this year due to rising fuel prices and travel costs, partly driven by ongoing tensions in the Middle East.
