

The Philippine Consulate General in Sydney has issued a public advisory following a mass shooting incident in the Bondi area on the evening of December 14, 2025, which resulted in multiple fatalities and injuries, according to New South Wales (NSW) Police.
Authorities said emergency operations and safety assessments are ongoing, prompting police to advise the public to stay indoors and avoid Bondi Beach, Bondi Junction, and nearby areas until the situation is declared safe.
The Consulate urged the Filipino community to remain vigilant and follow official instructions. “At this time, the Consulate has not received any reports of Filipino nationals affected,” it said, adding that it is closely coordinating with NSW authorities to verify information.
In a second advisory, the Consulate conveyed its condolences to the families of the victims and to communities affected by what authorities described as a terror attack during a Hanukkah community event. NSW Police have so far indicated that no Filipino nationals were among the casualties.
Filipinos in Australia were advised to remain in secure locations, avoid non-essential travel, and contact the Consulate’s Assistance to Nationals Hotline at +61 481 728 027 for emergency concerns related to the incident.
