DZRH Logo
PBBM to keep hands off Sandro’s proposed ‘no work, no pay’ measure for lawmakers, says Palace
PBBM to keep hands off Sandro’s proposed ‘no work, no pay’ measure for lawmakers, says Palace
Nation
PBBM to keep hands off Sandro’s proposed ‘no work, no pay’ measure for lawmakers, says Palace
by Luwela Amor03 February 2026
Photo courtesy: Bongbong Marcos & Sandro Marcos/Facebook

Malacañang on Tuesday said President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. will not interfere in the proposed “no work, no pay” policy for lawmakers being pushed by his son, Ilocos Norte 1st District Rep. Sandro Marcos.

According to Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Claire Castro, the President and the young lawmaker have not yet discussed the proposal, adding that President Marcos was reportedly surprised to learn that such a measure had been filed.

“Ang sabi lamang po ng Pangulo, trabaho po 'yan ng mambabatas at hindi po siya makikialam kung ano po ang mangyayari kung ito'y magiging batas,” Castro said during the press briefing.

“At kung ano lang po ang iaahin sa kanya at mababasa niya, 'yun lamang po ang kanyang aaralin,” she added.

Castro noted that the proposal had not been discussed between the President and his son, saying it appeared that the issue had not yet come up in their conversations.

“Mukhang hindi pa po sila nag-uusap patungkol po dito dahil nabigla siya na may proposal si Congressman Sandro” she said.

Rep. Marcos, who also serves as House Majority Leader, earlier proposed House Bill No. 7432, or the “No Work, No Pay for Members of Congress Act,” aimed at lawmakers who fail to perform their duties, including attendance and participation in legislative sessions.

Despite public interest in the proposal, Castro emphasized that President Marcos Jr. would remain hands-off, reiterating that lawmaking is the responsibility of Congress.

“Kung pag-uusapan po in general, maganda po ito dahil para malaman naman nila na ang mga taong hindi nagtatrabaho ay hindi naman dapat na makinabang sa pondo ng bayan. Pero muli, inuulit natin ang sinabi ng Pangulo, hindi po niya saklaw ang paggawa ng batas,” she emphasized.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read