DZRH Logo
Palace slams VP Sara's impeachment claims vs Marcos: 'Unahin niya na po muna 'yung mga kaso niya'
Palace slams VP Sara's impeachment claims vs Marcos: 'Unahin niya na po muna 'yung mga kaso niya'
Nation
Palace slams VP Sara's impeachment claims vs Marcos: 'Unahin niya na po muna 'yung mga kaso niya'
by Luwela Amor13 February 2026
Photo courtesy: RTVM & Inday Sara Duterte

Palace Press Officer Usec. Claire Castro has responded to Vice President Sara Duterte’s claims that certain actions by President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. could be considered impeachable offenses.

The Vice President earlier described the President’s signing of the 2025 national budget as an impeachable act. Her comments came after the Palace asserted that the President did not commit any impeachable offense.

In a press briefing, Castro urged the Vice President to address her own issues first before criticizing others.

“Unahin niya na po muna yung mga kaso niya bago niya tingnan ang kaso ng iba,” Castro said.

The Vice President has previously claimed that Marcos’ signing of the 2025 national budget, which allegedly included blank items and insertions, amounts to an impeachable offense.

“Para sa akin, personal ko na opinyon. Ako, di ba, ang nagsabi pinakauna na impeachable offense ‘yung pagpirma ng budget na alam mong galing siya sa bill na may mga blangko at merong mga insertions,” Duterte said.

Marcos signed the General Appropriations Act (GAA) for Fiscal Year 2025 into law at the Ceremonial Hall in Malacañang on December 30, 2025. The signing followed controversies involving alleged anomalous flood control projects, which included accusations of budget insertions.

She also suggested that refusing to address questions about a leader’s competence or allegations of illegal drug use could fall under the same category.

“At siyempre, impeachable offense din ‘yung humihindi ang isang opisyal kapag merong nagtatanong ng competency niya na mamuno at may nagsasabi na gumagamit siya ng ilegal na droga,” Duterte added.

Meanwhile, the House of Representatives dismissed two impeachment complaints against President Marcos on February 10. Lawmakers are set to tackle three other pending complaints against Vice President Duterte in the coming weeks.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read