

The Malacañang Palace has yet to issue any official directive to dissolve the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI), Executive Director Atty. Brian Hosaka confirmed amid rumors that the commission may be disbanded by February.
Hosaka said the ICI is finalizing its report to President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., detailing accomplishments since its establishment on September 11, 2025, and providing guidance for the commission’s next steps.
While the commission’s official operations, such as hearings, remain on hold, officials—including Chairman Andy Reyes—continue to work from the ICI office. They are reportedly processing, organizing, documenting, and safeguarding all records and evidence under their custody.
The ICI held its last hearing on December 15, 2025, and has not yet submitted a case referral to the Ombudsman. Special Adviser Rodolfo Azurin Jr. previously said the commission cannot recommend charges, as Reyes is currently the only commissioner.
Azurin clarified in an interview with DZRH News that the ICI will submit referrals if necessary, following remarks from PCO Usec. Claire Castro stated that there are no barriers preventing the commission from recommending cases.
