DZRH Logo
Palace: DOJ to request issuance of a 'blue notice' for Rep. Zaldy Co
Palace: DOJ to request issuance of a 'blue notice' for Rep. Zaldy Co
Nation
Palace: DOJ to request issuance of a 'blue notice' for Rep. Zaldy Co
by Mika Jenymae Rasing26 September 2025
Photo from RTVM/YT.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) will request the issuance of a blue notice for Ako Bicol Partylist Rep. Zaldy Co, Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said in a press briefing on Friday, September 26.

Amid reports of Co seeking medical treatment in the United States (U.S.), photos and updates are circulating on social media about the supposed itinerary of the lawmaker flying to Spain and Singapore.

During the press briefing, Castro was asked whether the government and its agencies have plans to coordinate with their counterparts to ensure that Co will abide by the deadline set by House Speaker Faustino “Bojie” Dy III.

“Kasalukuyan po ay meron pong ILBO (Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order) na nakalabas po para kay Representative Zaldy Co kaya po namo-monitor kung saa po siya pumupunta,” Castro said.

Since the Senate is conducting its own investigation into the anomalies and irregularities in the Department of Public Works and Highways’ (DPWH) flood control projects, Castro said it would be better for the DOJ to request a blue notice to the International Criminal Police Organization or Interpol.

However, as a courtesy to the Senate, Castro said the DOJ would prefer if the former were the one to take action on the matter instead.

Earlier today, the DOJ confirmed that the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) had already recommended the prosecution of 21 individuals over the said anomalous projects. The recommendation was based on the sworn testimonies of several former DPWH officials, including: Engineer Henry Alcantara, former Assistant District Engineer Brice Hernandez, Engineer Jaypee Mendoza, and former Usec. Roberto Bernardo.

In contrast, Co has responded to the House of Representatives concerning the revocation of his travel authority. In a letter addressed to Dy, the lawmaker expressed great sadness over the decision, stating that the allegations were fabricated and politically charged.

Despite this, he said that he remains intent on returning to the Philippines.

In response, Dy reiterated that Co must comply with the given directive to return by September 29.

Co has been tagged by several resource persons during the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee hearing, linking him to kickbacks and budget allocations related to the anomalous flood control projects.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read