DZRH Logo
Palace denies rumors of Marcos’ hospitalization
Palace denies rumors of Marcos’ hospitalization
Nation
Palace denies rumors of Marcos’ hospitalization
by Luwela Amor28 February 2026
Photo courtesy: Bongbong Marcos

Malacañang on Saturday denied anew circulating rumors claiming that President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. had been rushed to a hospital.

In a text message to reporters, Palace Press Officer Usec. Claire Castro clarified that the President was actively working and even held a private meeting on Saturday morning.

“The President was in a private meeting with the Presidential Management Staff (PMS) this morning. He is well, healthy and working even on a Saturday,” Castro said.

Castro said that the President is “well and healthy,” dismissing claims spreading online about his alleged hospitalization to St. Luke’s Medical Center in Quezon City.

Among the rumors were allegations that the President has colon cancer, as well as fabricated medical records purportedly detailing his supposed illness.

Authorities have taken action against the spread of disinformation. The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has filed cases against individuals responsible for circulating the fake medical documents online.

The Philippine National Police (PNP) also ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (PNP-ACG) to investigate the spread of a fake medical bulletin.

Malacañang reiterated that there is no truth to the claims and emphasized that the President continues to fulfill his duties.

Marcos earlier addressed rumors about his health, confirming that he was diagnosed with diverticulitis, a digestive condition involving inflammation of small pouches in the colon. Since then, he has resumed his public engagements.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read