DZRH Logo
Palace denies Pulong Duterte’s claim of ‘scripted’ impeachment rap vs. Marcos
Palace denies Pulong Duterte’s claim of ‘scripted’ impeachment rap vs. Marcos
Nation
Palace denies Pulong Duterte’s claim of ‘scripted’ impeachment rap vs. Marcos
by Luwela Amor20 January 2026
Photo courtesy: Pulong Duterte & Bongbong Marcos

Malacañang on Tuesday dismissed claims by Davao City 1st District Rep. Paolo “Pulong” Duterte that the impeachment complaint filed against President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. was a “scripted distraction.”

Duterte also claimed that lawyer Andre de Jesus, who filed the impeachment complaint, was allegedly the counsel of First Lady Liza Araneta Marcos in a disbarment case against lawyer Glenn Chong.

In a press conference, Palace Press Undersecretary Claire Castro rejected the accusation, stressing that neither the President nor the administration had any hand in filing the impeachment case.

“Gusto nating ipabatid na ang Pangulo at ang administrasyon ay hindi eksperto sa paggawa ng intriga at hindi eksperto sa pagplanta ng ebidensya,” Castro said.

She further emphasized that the administration has no involvement whatsoever in any alleged fabrication of evidence, taking a swipe at political opponents by saying such practices were not characteristic of the Marcos administration.

“Definitely none. Kaya nga sabi natin, hindi po tayo sangkot sa anumang pagplanta ng ebidensya katulad ng ginawa ng kanyang ama. Sila naman po yata ang sanay sa ganoon,” she added.

House Senior Deputy Majority Leader and Caloocan City Rep. Edgar Erice also found the impeachment strange that de Jesus would file an impeachment complaint against President Marcos, noting that the lawyer had previously been described as a “defender” of the First Lady.

Castro reiterated that under Marcos, the government respects constitutional processes and due process.

“Nirerespeto po natin ang Constitution, ang proseso, at ang due process,” she said.

Malacañang likewise dismissed as “fake news” the allegation that de Jesus had served as legal counsel for First Lady Liza Araneta Marcos.

“Sana ay matapos na ang pagiging source of fake news ng mga kaalyado nila,” Castro said.

She clarified that the First Lady did not file any disbarment case and that de Jesus was not her lawyer.

“Ang First Lady po ay hindi po nagsasampa ng disbarment case, hindi po niya abogado ang nasabing nagsampa ng impeachment complaint sa Pangulo. Kung nagsampa man siya ng disbarment case, ito ay on his own volition. So hindi po niya nire-represent ang unang ginang,” Castro explained.

Meanwhile, Castro also acknowledged that any impeachment complaint against the President would be detrimental to his public image and could negatively affect the country’s economy.

“Kahit sino pa po ang nag-file niyan, hindi maganda sa imahe ng Pangulo na siya ay masampahan ng impeachment complaint,” she said.

She added that such political developments could raise concerns among economists and investors, as they may signal dissatisfaction with the President’s leadership.

Castro reiterated that receiving an impeachment complaint is never beneficial for a sitting President.

“Hindi po ito bentahe, kahit sino pa po ang nagsampa niyan. Hindi po maganda na makatanggap ang Pangulo ng isang impeachment complaint,” Castro said.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read