

More than 4,000 passengers were left stranded in 120 ports across the country as Typhoon Tino continued to bring strong winds and heavy rains, according to the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG).
According to RH Boy Gonzales' report on DZRH's Operation Tulong, in PCG's latest report released between 4:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, the PCG said a total of 4,372 stranded individuals, including passengers, drivers, and cargo helpers. Along with them, 1,674 rolling cargoes, 83 vessels, and one motorbanca were also stuck in various ports nationwide due to the typhoon.
The PCG added that 929 vessels and 573 motorbancas have taken temporary shelter as a precaution against the rough sea conditions brought about by the weather disturbance.
In a television interview, PCG spokesperson Captain Noemie Cayabyab confirmed that no casualties have been reported so far.
However, she said one motorbanca in Cebu was swept away by strong waves after suffering an engine failure. But, all eight crew members aboard were rescued safely by PCG personnel.
Authorities continue to urge passengers and vessel operators to coordinate with local PCG stations and avoid sailing until weather conditions improve and it is declared safe to travel.
In the 8 a.m. bulletin, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said that Tino was located near Sagay City, Negros Occidental as it approaches Panay Island.
The typhoon packs maximum sustained winds of 150 km/h near the center, gusts of up to 205 km/h, and it is moving west-northwest at 25 km/h.
