DZRH Logo
Over 3-M passengers, expected during Holy Week rush – PCG
Over 3-M passengers, expected during Holy Week rush – PCG
Nation
Over 3-M passengers, expected during Holy Week rush – PCG
by Mika Jenymae Rasing30 March 2026
Photo from PCG

Over three million passengers are expected to travel during the Holy Week rush, the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) said.

Despite the continued rise in fuel prices, PCG Spokesperson Commodore Noemie Cayabyab said that a 26 percent increase in the number of passengers flocking to seaports had been recorded starting March 28, RH Boy Gonzales reported.

The agency warned vacationers to be cautious, especially those heading to beach resorts. This comes after the 53 drowning incidents recorded during the previous Holy Week.

This year, the PCG aims to achieve “zero maritime incidents,” urging the public to stay alert and cooperate in ensuring safety through the E-Sumbong system.

On Monday, March 30, the PCG monitored 19,726 outbound passengers and 15,136 inbound passengers in all ports nationwide, from 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM. The agency’s districts, stations, and sub-stations are on heightened alert from March 28 until April 5 to manage the influx of port passengers.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read