DZRH Logo
Over 1 million visitors flock to Manila North Cemetery
Over 1 million visitors flock to Manila North Cemetery
Nation
Over 1 million visitors flock to Manila North Cemetery
by Luwela Amor01 November 2025
DZRH News File Photo

Over one million Filipinos flocked to the Manila North Cemetery on Saturday, November 1, as part of the observance of Undas 2025.

According to the Manila Police District (MPD), as of 4:00 p.m., the number of visitors had reached 1,038,993.

To ensure the safety of children amid the large crowds, authorities implemented a wrist tagging system, placing identification tags on minors entering the cemetery. The tags contain the names and contact information of parents or guardians to make it easier for officials to reunite lost children with their families.

According to reports, as of 4:00 p.m. eight children were reported missing inside the cemetery earlier in the day, but were quickly found with the help of the wristbands and prompt response from security personnel.

Police and city officials said that overall, the situation remained orderly, with tight security and crowd management measures in place.

Meanwhile, the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) has been deployed to the cemetery to ensure public safety and provide assistance during the observance of Undas. Earlier, PRC personnel were seen patrolling cemeteries to monitor the situation and extend help to visitors.

On the otherhand, authorities confiscated nearly 3,000 prohibited items from various cemeteries across Metro Manila as part of heightened security measures for Undas 2025.

In an interview with DZRH, NCRPO spokesperson Police Major Hazel Asilo said most of the seized items were cigarettes and perfumes. Asilo emphasized that bringing perfume is prohibited since it could pose a fire hazard. She added that bladed weapons were also among the confiscated items, along with a few attempts to bring in alcoholic beverages.

At the Manila North Cemetery, the number of confiscated items reached around 200 as of 4:00 p.m., according to police reports.

The Manila North Cemetery, one of the largest and oldest burial grounds in the country, traditionally receives hundreds of thousands of visitors each year during the Undas season.

Authorities expect the number of visitors to continue increasing into the evening as families light candles and offer prayers at the gravesites.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read