

The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) has extended its deepest condolences to the families and loved ones of the Philippine Air Force personnel who lost their lives in a helicopter crash on Tuesday in Loreto, Agusan del Sur.
According to the Armed Forces of the Philippines’ Eastern Mindanao Command (EastMinCom) on Tuesday, six people were killed when a Super Huey helicopter went down while en route from Davao Air Station to the Tactical Operations Group (TOG) 10 headquarters in Butuan City.
Military authorities said the aircraft had been deployed to conduct Rapid Damage Assessment and Needs Analysis (RDANA) operations in connection with the impact of Typhoon “Tino,” which recently affected parts of Mindanao.
In a statement, the OCD paid tribute to the fallen airmen, commending their courage, dedication, and selfless service to the nation.
“The OCD honors the courage and dedication of the fallen airmen who served the nation with selflessness and bravery,” the agency said.
The Civil Defense also expressed sympathy to the bereaved families and the entire Philippine Air Force community as they grieve the tragic loss.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with their families and the entire Philippine Air Force community during this difficult time,” the statement added.
Authorities are currently investigating the cause of the crash.
