

Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) Executive Director Atty. Brian Hosaka announced that there will be no hearing next week due to the unavailability of Commissioner Regelio "Babes" Singson.
“Next week, walang hearing because si Commissioner Babes Singson will not be available the entire week,” Hosaka said in a press briefing on Thursday.
Hosaka delivered the official statement of ICI Chairperson Justice Andres Reyes before the media, saying that the commission acknowledges the public’s demand for greater transparency and is taking steps to make the hearings accessible to the public through livestreaming as soon as possible.
However, Reyes explained that before implementing livestreaming, the ICI must first establish clear rules and guidelines to ensure that sensitive information is protected and the constitutional rights of invited resource persons are upheld.
“Previously, we stated that the proceedings of the commission would be confidential to avoid trial by publicity, political grandstanding, sensationalism, and disinformation. These concerns remain valid, and protecting the integrity of the investigations is still paramount,” Reyes said, noting the commission’s commitment to a fair process.
Earlier, Reyes announced on Wednesday during the Senate Committee on Justice and Human Rights hearing that the ICI would begin livestreaming its proceedings next week, once the necessary technical requirements are in place.
