DZRH Logo
Nearly 10 fish traps in Manila Bay destroyed by 'Uwan'
Nearly 10 fish traps in Manila Bay destroyed by 'Uwan'
Metro Manila
Nearly 10 fish traps in Manila Bay destroyed by 'Uwan'
by Luwela Amor10 November 2025
Photo courtesy: Screengran from Rodrigo Laudit Laurio Jr.'s footage

Nearly ten sapra or fish traps in Manila Bay, particularly in the coastal waters off Pasay, Parañaque, and Las Piñas, were toppled and destroyed by Typhoon Uwan.

In an interview with DZRH News, fisherman Rodrigo Laudit Laurio Jr. described the devastation they saw when they returned to the area early Monday morning after the storm passed.

“Ngayon kasi pumunta kami ngayon umaga after nitong Bagyong Uwan, binisita namin ang mga sapra may mga natumba siguro mga 6 [o] 7 sapra ang dumapa sa mga kasamahan naming mga mangingisda,“ Laurio said.

“Kaya kawawa kasi isang linggo na kaming walang laot, tapos ngayon wala pa kaming natatanggap na relief goods,” he added.

RH Jecelle Ricafort reported on dzRH's Operation Tulong, the fisherman from Las Piñas City added that their group had already stopped fishing since Friday due to the threat of Uwan, which was previously categorized as a super typhoon.

With their fish traps destroyed and fishing still unsafe, they currently have no source of income.

He also said that they are still waiting for assistance from their local government units.

Although the sun briefly appeared on Monday morning, strong winds and heavy downpours continued to batter the area as of 10:48 a.m., according to reports from the coast.

Typhoon Uwan is the latest in a series of storms to hit the Philippines this year, reportedly leaving two people dead and two others injured, according to the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) on Sunday. The agency said the figures are still being verified by local disaster response offices.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read