

Nearly one million passengers per day were recorded at airports nationwide during the recent holiday season, according to the Philippine National Police–Aviation Security Group (PNP-AVSEGROUP), as reported by RH Jecelle Ricafort.
Data from AVSEGROUP showed that an average of 160,000 to 170,000 passengers passed through the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) alone each day, as travelers flocked to provinces and tourist destinations for the Christmas and New Year holidays.
Despite the surge in air travelers, AVSEGROUP said passenger movement remained orderly, peaceful, and safe, particularly at major airports across the country. Security coverage was strengthened at NAIA and other key airports through the deployment of additional personnel throughout the holiday period.
Authorities noted that the implementation of “Ligtas Paskuhan 2025” was successful, citing heightened security posture, intelligence-driven operations, and strong inter-agency coordination as key factors in ensuring passenger safety.
Meanwhile, officials expect a large volume of travelers to return to Metro Manila this weekend as Filipinos conclude their holiday vacations in the provinces.
At the Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX), nearly 40,000 passengers had already returned to Metro Manila as of 8:00 a.m. Friday. From December 19, 2025, to January 1, 2026, a total of 2.6 million passengers were recorded passing through the terminal.
Authorities said the influx of returning travelers to Metro Manila is expected to continue until Monday, January 5.
