DZRH Logo
NCRPO remains on 'heightened alert' outside Senate one week after shooting incident
NCRPO remains on 'heightened alert' outside Senate one week after shooting incident
Nation
NCRPO remains on 'heightened alert' outside Senate one week after shooting incident
by Luwela Amor21 May 2026
File photo via Jecelle Ricafort

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) remains under heightened alert outside the Senate building on Thursday, May 21, one week after the shooting incident on May 13, and several protest actions.

According to a report by RH Jecelle Ricafort, NCRPO Director Maj. Gen. Anthony Aberin told DZRH News that more than 100 police officers were deployed around the Senate complex on Thursday morning, May 21.

Aberin said an additional 150 personnel would be deployed later in the afternoon to further strengthen security in the area.

The NCRPO chief said police forces are prepared to respond to possible protest actions, especially after the Supreme Court (SC) dismissed the petition for a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) filed by Senator Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa.

He also instructed police personnel to continue observing maximum tolerance to prevent any tension during demonstrations.

According to Aberin, the situation outside the Senate remains peaceful, with no untoward incidents or security threats recorded so far.

Barbed wire also remains installed at the Senate gate after it was put back in place following dela Rosa’s public appearance.

Meanwhile, Pasay City Police Station chief Col. Joselito de Sesto said 250 police officers are on standby to secure the area surrounding the Senate.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read