

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) has deployed around 14,000 personnel this holiday season to ensure public safety.
In an exclusive interview on DZRH Pinoy Stories with Jecelle Ricafort, NCRPO spokesperson Police Major Hazel Asilo discussed the preparations and monitoring measures implemented to secure the public.
“Simula po nung magsimula ang Simbang Gabi nung December 16, nakalatag na po yung ating mahigit 14,000 na personnel na sisiguraduhin na magiging safe at mapayapa yung pagdiriwang ng ating mga kababayan ng kanilang Kapaskuhan hanggang sa January na po yan,” Asilo said.
Asilo added that personnel have been deployed to transport hubs, places of worship, and commercial areas where large crowds are expected.
She also highlighted the role of police assistance desks, which are set up to help travelers with directions and address lost-and-found concerns.
Meanwhile, Asilo said no untoward incidents have been reported so far.
“So far po doon po sa ating 174 na transport hubs and terminals na binabantayan natin, wala pa naman po tayong na-monitor na mga untoward incidents maliban lamang po doon sa mga kababayan nating hindi agad nakakasakay dahil nga po wala po silang naka-reserve na ticket o yung mga nag walk-in lamang po,” she said.
Asilo also said the NCRPO will strictly enforce regulations against the indiscriminate firing of fireworks, in line with the directive of the Philippine National Police (PNP) chief.
“Meron po tayong ordinansa sa bawat city… at nagpapatupad din po tayo ng Executive Order No. 28 at Republic Act 7183 na naglilimit sa paggamit at regulasyon ng paputok.”
Authorities reminded the public to remain vigilant this holiday season, advising travelers to secure their belongings and not to trust strangers easily, and urging parents to warn their children about the dangers of using firecrackers.
