

Operatives of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)–Cordillera Administrative Region served a search warrant at the hotel room in Baguio City where former DPWH Undersecretary Maria Catalina Cabral had previously stayed.
The search warrant was issued by Executive Judge Michael V. Francisco and was implemented as part of the ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Cabral’s death.
Authorities said the operation aimed to locate and seize possible evidence that could help establish a clearer timeline and determine the events that occurred prior to the incident.
Cabral was found unconscious and unresponsive on December 18 beside the Bued River in Tuba, Benguet, about 20 to 30 meters below Kennon Road. Her driver said she asked him to drop her off at a roadside location earlier that day. She was pronounced dead in the early hours of December 19.
On Saturday, authorities confirmed through DNA testing that the body found in the area is that of Cabral. The autopsy also showed she died from “blunt traumatic injury consistent with a fall.”
Authorities are still investigating, including the possibility of suicide or other factors.
Cabral had been involved in inquiries into alleged anomalies in flood control projects.
