

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Friday stated it has sent teams to enforce the arrest warrants issued by the Sandiganbayan against former Ako Bicol Party-list Rep. Zaldy Co and several others linked to alleged irregularities in flood-control projects.
In a statement dated November 21, the bureau said it “welcomes” the anti-graft court’s issuance of arrest warrants and hold-departure orders for Co and 15 individuals.
NBI Officer-in-Charge Atty. Angelito DLP Magno said the bureau intends to carry out its mandate by implementing the orders as directed.
The NBI statement followed President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s announcement that warrants had been issued for Co and other persons reportedly associated with Sunwest Corporation and the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
In a video message, the President urged law enforcement agencies to act promptly and ensure the arrests are handled properly.
“Hindi po ito haka-haka. Hindi po ito kuwento. Ito po ay tunay na ebidensya,” Marcos said, adding that agencies must proceed “quickly and with integrity.
