

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is hoping that Interpol (International Criminal Police Organization) will soon issue a red notice against resigned congressman Zaldy Co in connection with a pending graft case.
NBI spokesperson Palmer Mallari said the bureau has completed and submitted all required supplemental documents requested by Interpol, expressing optimism for a favorable resolution. He added that the NBI’s International Operations Division has been making near-daily follow-ups on the status of the government’s request.
The application for a red notice was filed on November 23 last year and has been pending for more than two months. At present, only a blue notice has been issued against Co, which is intended to gather additional information regarding a subject’s identity, location, or activities in relation to a criminal investigation.
Co is among 16 individuals facing an arrest warrant issued by the Sandiganbayan over the alleged anomalous ₱289.5-million flood control project in Oriental Mindoro. Authorities said the issuance of a red notice would alert law enforcement agencies worldwide and facilitate his possible arrest pending extradition proceedings.
